Contact us for more details
CloudLinux Inc will start providing multiple support options in May 2021 for the AlmaLinux OS -- including regular patches and updates for the Linux kernel and core packages, patch delivery service-level agreements (SLAs), and 24/7 incident support.
In addition to essential AlmaLinux support services, CloudLinux is also planning to introduce a premium support tier for enterprises that require enhanced services, as well as Product NodeOS Support for AlmaLinux OS, explicitly tailored to the needs of vendors and OEMs that are planning to use AlmaLinux as a node OS underlying their commercial products and services.
The release of AlmaLinux OS Support Services is planned for May 2021. Fill in the form on this page to sign up for early access or get more details.
Since launch, we’ve received tremendous interest and support from both the community as well as many commercial vendors, many of whom have begun using AlmaLinux OS for some pretty amazing use cases. Our thriving community has supported each other since day one which led to rapid adoption amongst organizations and requests for commercial support.
Regular patches & updates for the Linux Kernel & other components
Support packages customized to fit your needs
Access to specialized consulting services
24/7/365 support in any subscription tier
Subscription discounts at 1K, 5K and 10K volume levels
Preliminary subscription packages
Essential Support for AlmaLinux OS 8Basic support for enterprises using AlmaLinux OS in production
- Regular patches & updates for Linux kernel and core packages
- 14 business day patch delivery on CVSS and higher CVEs
- 24/7/365 email support with minimum response times as low as 1 hour*
Premium Support for AlmaLinux OS 8Patches and updates for various Linux distributions on a custom basis, premium SLA, 24x7 incident support and access to consulting services
- Support for CentOS, Oracle, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse as well as other open source software not part of Linux distributions.
- 24/7/365 incident support via email with live chat & phone availability
- Need-based out of repo security/bug fixes patches for any other Linux distro (part of SOW)
- SOW basis for pricing
Product NodeOS Support for AlmaLinux OS 8A customized Support package tailored to the needs of vendors and OEMs that are planning to use AlmaLinux as a node OS underlying their commercial products and services. Includes a specific set of packages, custom SLAs and a dedicated support team for instant incident response.
- Patch delivery and incident response negotiated specifically for each agreement
- 10 business day patch delivery on CVSS and higher CVEs
- A named, dedicated support manager
- 24/7/365 email support with live chat availability for critical incidents
- Access to consulting services on an individual Statement of Work (SOW) basis
- Pricing negotiated specifically for each agreement, minimum 2-year term
Yes. Combined with AlmaLinux Support Services, AlmaLinux OS provides a comprehensive, 1:1 binary compatible RHEL/CentOS and Oracle Linux drop-in replacement that is commercially supported for production workloads.
Based on the subscription tier, you will receive different updates
- 1. Essential support for AlmaLinux 8 includes all packages from "basic" RHEL repos. This includes but is not limited to regular patches and updates for the Linux kernel and core packages: Glibc, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, and zlib. httpd, MySQL, PHP, and userspace packages will also be supported. Other supported packages include: acl, acpid, at, attr, audit, authconfig, basesystem, bash, bc, blktrace, bridge-utils, busybox, bzip2, crash, cyrus-imapd, cyrus-sasl, db4-utils, device-mapper, dhclient, dhcpv6, dmidecode, dos2unix, dovecot, ed, gcc, gd, gdb, glib2, groff, info, Iptstate, logrotate, lslk, lvm2, makedev, nfs4-acl-tools, nfs-utils, nspr, ntp, opensp, pam, perl, procmail, procps, python, rcs, rds-tools, rhnlib, rsync, rsyslog, setroubleshoot, setserial, setup, sos, stunnel, tzdata, vim, wget, yum-metadata-parser, yum-rhn-plugin. Please see https://repo.almalinux.org/almalinux/8.3/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/ for a full list of packages.
- 2. Product NodeOS Support for AlmaLinux OS 8 includes a set of packages specific to your business, custom SLAs, a dedicated support team for instant incident response. All terms are negotiated specifically for each agreement.
- 3. Premium Support for AlmaLinux OS 8 - includes need-based out of repo security/bug fixes patches for any Linux distro defined by the SOW. All terms are negotiated specifically for each agreement.
The AlmaLinux team continuously monitors critical Linux kernel vulnerabilities and security concerns associated with the AlmaLinux OS. We release patches for security risks and general maintenance issues as soon as they are completed and tested.
We maintain a stable testing repository that all patches and updates are tested against. Before a package is released into the production repository, we run several processes to verify that our update has zero unintended consequences.
We will offer access to consulting and custom patching on a Statement of Work (SOW) basis.
AlmaLinux Support Services provide a convenient tool to migrate your current Enterprise Linux distribution to AlmaLinux OS and our Premium package offers support for additional Enterprise Linux distributions as well. For older distributions, you may be interested in our End-of-life Linux support services.
Currently, we do not support the following packages: OpenStack, K8s, LXD, Apache Kafka, MAAS, CEPH, MongoDB. For support of these packages please inquire about consulting services.
AlmaLinux OS will be maintained until at least 2029, including stable and thoroughly tested updates and security patches.
By request, we create a customized proof-of-concept for each client. To apply for the proof-of-concept before purchasing the subscription, contact the TuxCare Team.
The AlmaLinux team supports all deployment models so you can confidently plan and deploy your infrastructure based on your needs.
AlmaLinux Support Services response times vary based on subscription level and use case.
There are NO licensing fees associated with AlmaLinux OS and no additional licensing fees associated with Linux Support Services.