- On Monday, February 1st, AlmaLinux OS went live! Our public Beta version is now available to everyone, and we anticipate your active participation in testing! To facilitate the communication and address the questions you might have after the first round of tests, we are hosting a live QA webinar with AlmaLinux OS Community on February 10 at 5 PM (UTC) / 9 AM (PST). We are excited to share the results of the past month with you - the first AlmaLinux OS Beta release is live. As promised, the main development and maintenance were done by the CloudLinux team. And now, we appeal to the community for its contribution. In the spirit of the community-driven initiative, we require your assistance with testing, documentation, support and future direction.Our team has set up the internal infrastructure necessary to work with your feedback: We opened public repositories with all packages and registries for the project.
- We will use Github for the finalized source code for the system.
- The additional documentation is on the wiki.
- Another important tool that is released with the AlmaLinux OS Beta is the bug tracker. We will rely heavily on the bug tickets for further development of the infrastructure. To avoid spam, we ask you to not report a bug without registration.We want to highlight, once again, that AlmaLinux OS is a community-driven initiative. Our hope is that the structures that were put in place will ensure your involvement in the preparation of the new distro! To facilitate the communication and address the questions you might have after the first round of tests, we are hosting a live QA webinar with AlmaLinux OS Community. The webinar will take place on February 10 at 5 PM (UTC) / 9 AM (PST). Among the participants present will be: Igor Seletskiy, CEO of CloudLinux,
- Alexander Vinogradov, Head of Engineering at AlmaLinux OS,
- Joao Correia, Technology Evangelist of CloudLinux.
We hope to see the involvement of the community and figure out the answers to the most pressing questions together. Sign up for the webinar here.
You can send your topic suggestions or questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org, on Twitter with the hashtag #AlmaLinuxBeta and in AlmaLinux OS Reddit Community. Thank you for your contribution, input, and support throughout launching AlmaLinux OS! The infrastructure was the first step, now we need your help to make the next one!